OREGON UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH JOURNAL
Now accepting EDITORIAL BOARD applications!
The Oregon Undergraduate Research Journal (OURJ) is a student-run, peer-reviewed, open access academic journal that showcases high-quality undergraduate work in the sciences, humanities, and arts at the University of Oregon. OURJ is sponsored and supported by the UO Libraries.
OURJ is currently accepting applications to serve on the student editorial board. Members of the editorial board are involved in every step of the publication process, from peer review to copy editing to layout design.
To apply to be an editor, send the following to email@example.com:
- Resume (should include GPA, major, and previous work experience, and extracurricular activity)
- Explain why you want to become an OURJ editor (250 words or less)
- Explain any writing, editing, or research-related experiences you have (250 words or less)
- A sample essay or paper that you believe is representative of your writing abilities.
NOTE: Please submit answers to 2 and 3 above on the same document.
- Interest in editing and peer review
- Editorial, research, and/or design experience
- Self-motivated, committed, and flexible
- Strong passion for undergraduate research
- Graphic design and/or an interest in managing our social media is a plus
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Visit our website to learn more about what we do: https://ourj.uoregon.edu/
Here’s our latest issue: https://ourj.uoregon.edu/latest-issue/
Like our facebook to see what we’re up to: https://www.facebook.com/Oregon-Undergraduate-Research-Journal-226900970655556/
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions about OURJ or the application!
For more information, feel free to contact Starla Chambrose, Editor-in-Chief by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!